Indy overdose

Just a few news snippets from my riveting life. My mum's house has received zero viewings or any interest. Only a previous viewing resulted in a positive reaction for the rented option.

Work-wise, my contract is ending in September but could be extended to permanent as the maternity lady goes part-time. Other work news was attending a charity evening last Friday with a raffle and an auction of promises. Those needy people in China and Burma got around £40 from me as I bought the promises of a baking lesson and a mountain bike tour of the South Downs.

I think we've overdone Indiana Jones. We're about 83% complete on the PS3 game and saw the film last weekend. The celluloid version was ok but not fantastic. It all started well bringing in a 20 year difference being set in the 50's with the atomic bomb testing and Hangar (Area) 51 jokes wearing well. But it was the OTT jungle chase that lost my respect and attention-span with action set-piece after another. Having Ray Winston double-crossing was pathetic and the alien thing was like...whatever!

The new mountain-bike has finally been delivered and I'm now worried about taking it out. It will look great next to the fireplace with the new showroom flooring.I'll just have to resort to cycling from the back door to the lounge.

Finally, we've been looking for a decent tree surgeon who could actually come back with a quote. After one no show and over £1000 quoted for the other I found another tree dude able and willing to cut down our wooden beast of Buller Road. Now I'm totally heterosexual but this guy had the total Diet Coke look and perked up Kerry quickly from her summer cold. I now see a business opportunity to offer our house for hunk viewings. Bring your own binoculars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review