Crazy P meets Pirate P's Disco Dungeon

Another win under our belts for the Pond Pub Quiz on Thursday. Kinky Kev's Kitsch Kittens won us the runners up prize for team name - a bag of crisps. We won the music round as well trading in the dodgy bottle of wine for a round of shots if memory serves me well. Well done to Sukey and Julian, our new quiz-questadors for providing their own expertise. Don't think we can get away with 7 people next time though.

Feeling like a Friday night in would suit us better we dragged ourselves out for a night at Audio, Brighton for Maxxi Broadcast's Crazy P live PA. Crazy P have been around for years and changed their name from Crazy Penis. We got into the club quite early with the other friends of DJs but it didn't fill up as much as it deserved. I was impressed by some of the mash-up/remixes I heard even though I prefer my house tougher. Crazy P's singer had a great voice reminding me of Roisin Murphy though like a lot of MCs she kept reminding us it was 'Friday night', 'we're at the seaside' and 'here to have a good time'. Yeah, I know love!

After a few random conversations with strangers (I remember one guy going on about Japanese knotweed then he thought it was the Effiel Tower in the Planet of the Apes), the club main lights switched on with 20 minutes to go, very off-putting when dancing. When it did close we somehow managed to invite Crazy P back to Paul's Disco Dungeon. The only thing was that about another 30 odd hangers on decided to follow us as well.

Paul didn't seem too bothered, only the lack of booze was a worry whereas my main concern was getting some chips as I was starving. The majority of the hangers-on were interesting people even though a couple of them had no connection to anyone. Nice to meet Gus as well who I discovered had a Norfolk upbringing.

The draw of the music downstairs managed to pull the party punters and about 5 DJs including Crazy P took turns to play a handful at a time. Crazy P left a little later, only to kip at the My Hotel over the road. As he left I asked why he dropped the 'enis' from Crazy P. He said 'back then they were two guys with a bag of weed. Now the name's not important and there's 5 of us'. By about 5:30am, bed was calling so left the majority to it.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review