Norfolk 'n' chance of an easy journey

Like everything pathetic about the UK, my work closed because of the deep snow and imaginary travel chaos (even though the main routes were open and buses up to the University of Sussex were still running). A relief for those with hang-overs and great for my plans of visiting my dad in Norfolk. I say working from home but checking emails and adding a web page to the site that I manage hardly qualifies as a full day's work. In the background, the TV news was permanently on checking for the weather and travel. Could I even make it to Norfolk by car? I had to check out my mum's old house, which the tenant had moved out, and to see my Dad but with at least 6 inches on our street and Norfolk being affected by the snow it was a tough decision. With no one else 'working from home' I left at 3pm and ignored the media doom-sayers.

Getting to Norfolk was actually easy with the main motorways clear. Norfolk was just as bad as Brighton though the temperature was getting lower and more snow coming down. My dad's house had been left empty whilst he was travelling back from Malaga. It actually felt warmer outside with no heating been on in the past week. With an night's kip under two duvets, an electric blanket, snowboard long johns, a long-sleeved t-shirt and the heating on I woke up to more snow and having to dig the car out of the drive.

My dad's place is in the middle of rural Norfolk so roads were pretty dicey and the air temperature refusing to shift up from minus 2C and actually reached as low as minus 6.5 degrees C at night. These conditions made some fantastic icicles especially where the drainpipes and guttering had broke around my dad's workshop. See my Flickr photos for more.


Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review