Sean Lock does Bexhill

No idea why Sean Lock didn't play Brighton but it was good to visit somewhere different even if it was Bexhill. His latest tour, Lockipedia was playing at the De La Warr Pavilion which looked very impressive. A pre-show dinner was ordered from Cafe Belge which had the smell of an old people's home and the food was average though was probably down to the lack of staff coping with the Sean Lock punters. I couldn't argue with its 'best burger in town' as I hadn't had any other burger in Bexhill but knew I'll never order a burger in Bexhill for the rest of my life. Apart from the food, it was the beer that made up for the visit. The beer cocktail that I instantly fell in love with as soon as I tasted it was the Tropical consisting of Floris Mango and Mongozo Coconut beer. It was a pina colada in a pint and even Kerry couldn't help herself trying to steal it. Luckily our quick ordering before a previous big group allowed us to escape in time for the 8pm start.

Unlike his previous excellent tour performance which can be found on YouTube with the first two episodes below it was quite a random joke fest with never dwelling on a subject for longer than two jokes. His observations was still excellent but I would have preferred more quality, bigger laughs than the continued giggle throughout. The Chortle.co.uk site gives a very accurate review and mentions his battleships game which was a little hit and miss with the audience - no pun intended. He nearly did call out my seat number missing me by two places. Each time a seat number was announced the audience member would have to call out a letter of the alphabet then a subject for him to joke about. I was hoping someone would say S for Swan to repeat his impression found in video two below.

Part 1 (of 9)

Part 2 (of 9) My personal favourite, Sean talking about swans



The rest of the performance starts here on YouTube.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review