Watching myself on TV 'taking stunning pictures'

So last night was the end of waiting for my 15 minutes of fame. I'd been boring friends about my appearance on the final episode of 'How to take stunning pictures' on Channel Five since July.

With all the nerves and a slight sick feeling of dread in my stomach, I think I came off okay even if it was weird to see myself.

The first bit with Suzi Perry came off well but the shot ended with myself looking a bit narky and possibly a little like Karl Pilkington. That was because Suzi made the blunder of wearing the wrong outfit and us having to film again for the sake of continuity (I might have mentally said for f*sake). The cafe scene had been cut in half as we both had to show a photo we were happy with and one (shown) we were not. The bit cut out was Martin dissing my better photo or rather me challenging him on the content. Couldn't have that banter on TV I can tell you as I almost had Martin 'climb down' from his comment.

There was so much filming on the pier and North Laine but after all the editing it came across that I didn't really have much to say (though to be honest I think I'm generally like that anyway!). I quite liked the touch of the 'pretend to be a fly' moment as I was taking it as literally as I could. I remember struggling to being able to talk confidently about the day's lesson. Partly down to having a very brief encounter with Martin Parr having been promised to spend the whole day with him, and partly down to just nerves standing in front of camera in a very public place - a couple of beered-up boys shouting at the camera nearly ruined the scene.

The assignment in Kensingston Gardens
The second day went really well but the screen time felt like seconds. Glad they used the footage of meeting Spyke, the 'Dr Dolittle of Brighton'. Sad to hear he's quite unwell though according to this website. At the end of the filming the director wanted some candid opinion on how it went. We did so many takes for that segment because of the noise of traffic and seagulls. The end result was just a sentence instead of my honest (perhaps slightly frustrated) account.

Other observations were that the episode felt like the expert, in this case, Martin Parr got a lot more interview time compared to the other episodes. I remember the director, Toby saying he was the biggest name on the whole series though I also remember Martin wanting things his way at times.

Quite chuffed how my photos came out but as yet I still haven't received them from the TV company, Blink. They promised after the show just in case I published them online.

Twitter comments
Twitter has been interesting since the show. Found and received some nice compliments from complete strangers and a hash tag associated to me i.e. #peggalike. Hmm, wonder if @simonpegg was monitoring that or even watching the show?

In case you missed it, its repeated on Sunday 24th at 11am or you can view on Demand Five website.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review