Undiscovered pilot episode of Blackadder

I'm a bit late finding this out but my Twitter spies led me to find this very old pilot for The Blackadder. I'm a huge fan of the first series where Rowan Atkinson's character was completely different to the Ben Elton influenced creation. Controversial for some I know but it just worked better for me. Its this more confident character that gets a practice within this pilot episode. It's based on the second episode of the first series, 'Born to be King' where Edmund plots revenge on the Scottish Supreme Commander, McAngus. I've added both videos below so you can compare the two versions where they use alomost the same jokes and script around Edmund having to book the entertainment for the coming feast (i.e. Morris dancers, Eunurchs etc.).

Its amazing that only Edmund, the Queen and Lord Percy were the only characters to be played by the same actors. Can't imagine Blackadder not having Brian Blessed and Tony Robinson, plus Prince Harry in the pilot episode is not the straight man.

The Blackadder Pilot episode


The Blackadder - Born to be King

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review