New Twitter

My HTC Desire smartphone updated last night with the new Facebook and Twitter apps. Really like them both with Facebook finally looking more like its full website version. But its the Twitter new look and function that's inspired me especially as I use it so often for both personal and professional purposes.

I've never really bothered with third party apps for Twitter and maybe I've been losing out on some cool gizmos but my phone's internal memory is already full with non-movable apps. For the mobile version of Twitter you can now switch accounts. Plus there's new icons to deal with:
I must admit, Twitter had been looking a little stale for awhile especially with Facebook making some 'marmite' changes and Google + trying desparately to pull in punters upgarding all its services like Gmail, Blogger etc.with the G+ corporate identity.

Embed this Tweet is a new feature which will allow you to add a related tweet to another website. In my line of the work this could be a really useful thing to stimulate debate and spark off more influence and conversation.
Here's an example of a tweet I did yesterday:

HTML version
Shortcode version
[tweet https://twitter.com/gingerdj/status/144814141805301760]

Link version
https://twitter.com/gingerdj/statuses/144814141805301760

It looks like the HTML version works best with Blogger when clicking the date link where you'll see the status plus any Replies or other activity associated with the tweet.

Here's what social media gospel, Mashable say about it the refresh- 4ways the new Twitter is taking on Facebook

Next I'll be testing it out on the website I work on but currently only my personal Twitter account has updated with the new version.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review