Jap holiday-eve

Howl's Moving CastleImage by Phil Gyford via Flickr
I'm feeling a bit of a holiday bore at the moment and the thought of what will I do after 3 weeks has crossed my mind. Organising photos will be the obvious one, otherwise I'm at a loss. Saturday evening was a trip to Harbourlights for Howl's Moving Castle, Ghibli Studio's latest. As usual, the artwork and animation was amazing plus some very cute characters especially the scarecrow and dog - Bit of a money spinner for Ebay if I can find some merchandising for it out there!

Sunday, Kerry treated me to a visit to the Nirvana spa. Always thought this was a girly pamper experience and would be the only bloke there but after a few bubbling pools in the right place and can highly recommend it. A couple of unpleasant moments blighted an otherwise perfect score. The first steam room felt like my lungs, eyes and sinuses were constantly filling up with Obas Oil like I'd landed on an alien planet with no oxygen to breath. Not even a minute did I last when I had to surface for air.

The second memory that will forever haunt me was the sauna. Okay so we've all seen the comedy sketches with fat, naked European blokes sweating like pigs and eye-ing up the skinny boys. Two fat blokes were indeed using the sauna this time and I added the sum as skinny boy. 5 to 10 minutes were advised for first-timers but I couldn't see a clock or was allowed to wear a watch. Fat bloke 1 offered a seat next to him of which I politely declined. The second fat bloke was in a sweaty world of his own concentrating on his soggy newspaper lying flat on his back whilst propping up his reading material. I'm surprised the newspaper wasn't melting in the 80 degree C heat. It was part heat and partly trying to avoid the sight of the guy's bollock squeezed between his legs that brought my sooner than expected exit to mind. It was only when he started wiping his sweat across his belly and chest that the banjos of 'Deliverance' kicked in and this little piggy went for a cold shower.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review