Lego Luke & Leia

Nothing too exciting this week hence the lack of blogging entry. Highlights of the weekend were shopping and repairing the garden fence whilst avoiding the spider invasion. I've never been in a house to have so many different types of spiders. The downstairs bathroom is rife with skinny blob-with-legs spiders that live off lint whereas Kerry gets terrorised by the monster tree spiders with the muscle to crawl up the plug hole.
Another slightly annoying thing is our Polish neighbours who are getting a bit noisy lately playing naff folky music before we want to get up. Although there's the regular couple, they seem to have a different friend or two staying every other week with bathroom noises through our paper-thin bedroom wall.
Latest purchases are the new Lego Star Wars II game, which has been on all week and currently listening to Whitey's album, The light at the end of the tunnel is a train. Discovered his talents on that Leave them all behind mix album. It’s electro/punky/rocky, a bit New Order and a bit Colder and almost all the tracks are worth listening to if not better. Recommended.
Tuesday evenings are now my peak of weekly worry now that I've gone full-time with karate sensei duties. Every week I have to devise a teaching plan and teach around 15 students, all different grades. I can see why the previous sensei, Carmen left with the hassle.
With summer over and rain a bigger issue, getting to work is now a pain in the arse. Even though I had 2 rain coats and water-proof trousers, my socks and pants were still damp by lunchtime. There's no radiators at work so had to dry my socks under the hand dryer and stuff my pants with toilet roll (no way was I going commando and get caught with my boxers under the hand-dryer).
Kerry's been thinking what to do with her inheritance and her dream of seeing Machu Picchu has been favoured. Coincidently, we've been watching that Ben Fogle programme on BBC2 this week where 5-6 normal people trekked to a remote Inca settlement. With all the walking near mountainous cliff edges and Kerry's fear of heights, it's going to be a challenge even if we do the easy route.
Other TV treats are the return of Extras (though I missed most of it last night due to karate) and That Mitchell and Webb look which was slightly hit and miss. Removing the canned laughter would help but the Sherlock Holmes tramp character, Sir Digby Chicken Caeser was probably my favourite whereas Kerry was more tickled by the dancing banana sketch at the end.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Steve Wilde said…
Long time, no see, you've not had any bother publishing then? I couldn't post anything for 2 days this week!

Those spindly spiders hang around in our bathroom as well... on the 6th floor!

The pissed snooker commentators were quite inspired I thought! Thinking of getting tickets for Mitchell & Webbs tour this Autumn actually.

I know a couple [admittedly a lot older] that just visited Machu Picchu and one of them had to spend the entire visit in bed with altitude sickness!

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review