Step away from the novelty record!

More sleep, DIY and watching DVDs - not exactly the tonic for late January blues. Still I was quite pleased with the choice of films. Superman Returns was ignored last summer as it looked a little cheesy and I haven't been sucked in by the popularity of X-men. How wrong we were. Well recommended! The second DOOVD was A History of Violence directed by Cronenberg. I nearly wrote this off at the start with its flat monologue and incredibly slow pace but that all changed after 15 minutes. Bit sexually charged as well with Viggo 'Aragorn' Mortensen getting treated to cheerleader sex from his missus - lucky boy.

I was going to add a link to the Cilit Bang featuring MC Barry Scott rave tune but I've a feeling it's going to be everywhere in a week's time especially with downloads pummeling the charts. It follows the steps of Michael Winner sampling in the Esure TV ad with 'calm down dear, its only a commercial'. Search and destroy I'd say before the chav-muppets use it for their mobilephones.

Other news is the Friends of Ted Festival. I like the idea of dressing up as a vicar after my nun outfit and some of the events over the weekend look good. Anyone for Buckeroo Speed Dating, Ludo Aerobics or the Ferrero Rocher Quiz Night?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review