BBQ with over-cooked party

Saturday was Trev’s BBQ/party and turned out to be a mini-disaster. Although it took us only 45 minutes from Brighton to drive instead of the 90 minutes from Southampton and the weather sort of held out, only the usual suspects turned up all 8 of us. I say 8 but one of us stayed in bed all day and night, having spent all her energy the previous night. Steve dropped out just after the grub and left rather pale – no one questioned his illness after he rejected all cans of Stella offered. Trev disappeared at midnight and we got the yawns at 2pm. I couldn’t even DJ properly as the Final Scratch leads were missing. The saving grace for me was Kev introducing me to Virtual DJ on his laptop. I’d used it before with a Hercules DJ console but it did my head in. After getting used to not nudging the vinyl to synchronise the two records it all came shining through and even entertained the crowd (of 5) with the filter options.

Missed the Brighton carnival on Sunday mainly for feeling rough and lack of sleep. Wouldn’t I’ve minded if the party was better. Couldn’t move away from the telly all day watching Formula 1 and playing Resident Evil 4 on the Wii. Viewing got worse with Titanic and Ghostbusters 2.

My cousin, George sent me an invite to Facebook, and with all the recommendations I’ve had, I’ve created another web space and never looked back. MySpace is so rubbish compared to this. Check it out now and get networking with Facebook. I’ve already found the Pirate club.


Comments

Hi Rob - name's Travis, met Trev & Viv at a wedding in Spain recently (June), had a look on flickr for them, and hey there they were in your photo's so here I am, asking for their email address. If you could send it to travis@oj.co.za I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Travis

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review