Ladies will love your new chopper

No, this isn't a new SPAM subject line that I've being constantly deleting from my junk mail but an insight to my birthday surprise on Saturday. All I knew was we were going up to London for an event.

The mystery tour started with a drive to Croydon and picked up another ginger legend that is Trev. Were we just giving him a lift or was he part of the surprise? Next we headed further in London and ended in West Norwood, home of Kev and Karol. It was all starting to add up. Viv left me a smelly Lush present, K & K contributed to my wardrobe funds and Steve and Sam finding the grooviest dancing wind-up robot toy (oh, and very handy ninja plasters).

After the taxi firm cocked up with the address we arrive late at the old Oblivion bar, Gigalum. Shame the staff couldn't get their act together but at least special guest Sarah arrived (without Paul), all the way from Ibiza with a remote control helicopter as birthday present. As the champers flowed, Kerry gave me her main present to a hushed silence. Instead of a toy helicopter I would actually get to fly a real one with proper lessons and 2 whole hours at the controls! What a present! What an amazing missus!

We gave up on Gigalum's shoddy service and went next door for a speedy Italian pizza with Mark and Lucy joining us after their taxi nightmare. Another present added to the hoard in the form of 'Where's my Jet-pack?' book - very well picked. We headed back to K & K's for a party that carried through the night. Please remind me of anything as its all a bit of a blur.

Bit of random news read on the web: Apparently Nintendo Wii's have the perfect 'hum' sound frequency to attract cockroaches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review