Norfolk revisted

We drove up to Norfolk Saturday to pick up my Mum's key from the police station and met the policeman who found her. Apparently she'd left the gas fire on and the kitchen tap running but the Pc couldn't say where the cat was. Other details were a little sketchy with confusion over recently changed procedures.

The Police only had the backdoor key and first thing we found was the cat looking very worried and hungry. Sasha, the cat was glad of the food and started tidying the house removing the items I didn't want to be reminded of. We collected all the essentials and worked out what to do next knowing that Monday would be the day the coroner would be back at work.

The evening was a meal out with my dad and, inappropriately his new lady friend. Whether it was whole downer of the weekend or I just didn't like her but the atmosphere was horrible. Sunday was more house clearing, catching up with Mark who's offered to help with the renovation, and feeding/bonding with the cat.

Monday we met the solicitor who we thought could handle the estate. Wasn't impressed by him or the charges they wanted so have decided to do the Probate myself. He did give away that the Brighton Probate office was the quickest to deal with.

Tuesday was a better day as far as knowing what was going on. To cheer me up we went to Norwich for some clothes shopping before the 2pm appointment at the coroner's to identify Mum. As we drove to Norwich I changed the route into the city and drove past the Colney Woodland Burial Park. It must have been fate (or conveniently en route to the hospital) as after seeing Mum we were impressed by the peacefulness of the wood making it a natural decision. Even my dad felt it was right for him. Image above gives you an idea of the place.

Late afternoon we packed the car in readiness to take the cat home to Brighton. No one could commit to the responsibility so Kerry, god bless her, made my mind up for me. We slipped some food into the travel box then trapped him in without fuss. After 15 minutes Sasha couldn't help have a poo in the box so had to stop. After that I calmed him down on my lap in the backseat but this only lasted for 20 minutes as he scrambled to the parcel shelf to be sick. Poor little dude was travel sick but at least he had the manners to do it away from me. Kerry's winning suggestion helped us get back without much complaint as he allowed to stay in the box. He's now settling in nicely for his retirement - in cat year's he's at least 80!

Wednesday was a morning in the office and the afternoon looking after the cat. Couldn't really concentrate on work at home.

Thursday was another shock for the family. My uncle, Peter who had been admitted to a hospice a few weeks ago died at 5:30am. My thoughts go out to the rest of the family but especially my nan, who's 96 having lost two children in the space of the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review