Marriage made in Bridport

James, a good mate from my Uni days got hitched at the weekend and we went along to join the ceremony. Couldn't make the Friday night Fringe gig as James' DJ (another Uni mate) pulled out last week so I had to prepare accordingly. There was a strict playlist of typical wedding tunes based on old disco but I refused to play The Nolan Sisters, even for a mate. Not that I own anything by them but all tunes were supplied by CD.

Bridport in Dorset was a long 3 and half hour drive but a cute country market town. Our evening's stay was the Tiger Inn which was ok apart from no car park and very little off-street places either. With a 4pm start there wasn't alot to see really but found out we should have booked nearer the coast for an amazing beach.

The Bull Hotel was an amazing place with tasteful Georgian decor. The main function room had a double height ceiling and a minstrel balcony where I spotted the DJ booth! Everything went without a problem although James looked very pale and worried. Speeches all very entertaining including another Uni mate, James (or to his mates, Drunk Jim) who only took up the Best Man duty two days ago due to another James letting him down (confused yet?).

The DJ duty was split between me and another guy (not called James) and went quite well sticking to the strict playlist. At around 1am Kerry wanted to go back to the B & B whereas I'd promised to do the last shift. However, returning to the function I found myself locked out with no doorbell, knocker, phonecall could allow me entry. Only by chance was someone leaving I was able to slip in and do my last 40 minutes of DJing. I was surprised that Oops Upside your Head was danced properly or at all i.e. rowboat style but a couple of tunes later it was over and time for bed. A sleepless night was followed by whats seems to be never-ending decorating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review