Web 2.0 wonders

Ignore this part of the entry if you don't want to hear about my work and skip to the 3rd paragraph.

My job has got a little more interesting over the past few weeks and I'm actually using the skills I've picked up from doing my blog, photos, Facebook and the degree I did. I'm now expected to come up with a web strategy for the organisation I work for (too complicated to explain here) to ultimately increase their web statistics. Last week I attended a seminar hosted at the Channel 4 building near Victoria station in London where some web experts from BBC, C4, ITV and some agencies presented social web media, networking and the buzzword of 2007/8 - Web 2.0. It wasn't that useful as I'd already knew most of what they were saying and even disagreed with some of them. However, it was a day out of the office, free lunch and getting paid to sit in Channel 4's downstairs cinema was quite cool. The massive '4' metal sculpture at the front of the building was an eye-opener as well.

It's been a little quiet on the social front, though after Glastonbury and Wireless we were thankful for the wallet rest. Kerry organised a 'ditch n bitch' session for Viv last Friday which must be quite therapeutic for long-suffering partners. Apparently I came out as top bloke. I even took Kerry out for a spontaneous meal on Saturday night which earned me good husband kudos. Sabai Gastrobar near the Brighton Pavilion had some delicious food. Shame the duck meat was rubbish as everything else was fantastic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review