Course and kart

I was almost looking forward to this evening as much as the Ferrari racing day. Somehow I managed to get another three like-minded people from work to form a go-karting team to enter a Le Mans style competition at the Crawley track. It was supposed to be a competition between 'research' industry types but they'd only managed to get two teams of dentists and merged them with three semi-pro driver teams. With only myself and another having go-karted before it didn't bode well for racing success.

The go-kart company was a little disorganised starting late and we didn't even get a chance to use our comedy team name of Stig's Sussex Love Children, instead we used my employer's name of IDS. We split the 2.5 hours into two sessions for each driver with myself starting for an 18 minute drive. I managed to scramble into third and kept us there until my time was up. After that we slipped into last. A dodgy burger and chips later I was back out for my second session and managed to regain a position to fifth place. My racing time ended and the others failed to make anymore difference to the ranking. Pass me the wooden spoon!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review