Best man for the job

Upto the fatherland last weekend to attend Josh & Christie's wedding in Norwich for best man duties. However these were pretty small duties apart from the speech I decided to give. It didn't start well as Christie asked me to give the ring to her oldest daughter, Lily at the crucial moment so she had the honour of passing it to her mum. I gave it to a look-a-like bridesmaid who looked completely confused as 4 year-olds would do. All eyes drilled into me of which we knew hardly anyone there. You couldn't fault the day's weather and we were spoiled all day. The reception part at Reepham Old Brewery was just a guilt trip and nerve building session as I downed a couple of drinks in dread of delivering the speech. Josh had covered most of the points I wanted to say without knowing it so when I did deliver I felt it went flat.

After a quick visit to Norwich for Kerry's shopping addiction, we headed over to our guesthouse for the night so we could at least have a decent drink. As house sizes go, this was between your country barn house and a stately home with dead animals nailed to the wall. And our hostess was a cross between Margot and Barbara from the Good Life though we feared the worst after changing our arrival time. The party was kid kaos and strange old mates who scared me slightly reminding me of audience members from the Tricia Goddard show and stranger ones bragging their love of happy hardcore.

Breakfast was delicious with home-grown rhubarb and yoghurt. Although we were left on our own to dine we had the company of Magnet (short for flea magnet I'm sure), the owner's Norfolk terrier which actually smiled (or rather beared his teeth) when you showed any indication of feeding him. A morning and lunch visit to my folks then back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review