Brighton dream bruised & abused

Last Friday our plans to move out looked stable and secure. A company called Prestige okayed us to having a reserved apartment and we could use their address to forward post. Kerry had tried to visit their offices to pay the deposit but no-one was there so I left some messages to say we'd come in the next day. Storage was also sorted in Brighton plus two interviews to look forward to. I'd even managed to get a load of empty boxes from work to start packing.

We started packing on Saturday until I checked my mobilephone messages. Prestige decided to let the apartment to someone else and were 'sorry' for letting us down! I rang them and spoke to some old twat of a duffer who had no sympathy or morals, and in the end had to pass the phone to Kerry after my blood reached boiling point. They wouldn't budge so we're now left without a proper plan.

The local newspaper helped gain some useful phone numbers of landlords and thankfully sister-in-law/fairy godmother, Karol will take us in. Since then I've made other phonecalls for accommodation but nothing definate yet.
Slightly good news is that I have a third interview on Thursday raising the prospect odds. This week could be a turning point in our lives. Watch this space!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review