No breakfast til Brighton

So glad I booked Thursday off to finish the packing otherwise the stress of it would have meant melt down on Friday. Our one month home in Ocena Village slowly got filled up with car boot sale crap and essentials whilst the storage stuff piled high. Friday started early at 7:30am (ok not that early for some people) as the removal men were to arrive at 8.30am. All food was packed so I went searching for breakfast vitals at local Co-op. At 7.50am I came back to our road being blocked by the removal men with 10 minutes later having to direct them to the first items for removal! The packing, dismantling of furniture and stress continued for four hours.

The new owners camped on our front lawn an hour earlier than expected with about five family members to help and a huge picnic. Thought I'd ruin their day and mention the ant's nest. Still no time to enjoy the evil moment as just as you think we were nearly there I forgot to clear up the shed. Two of the removal guys were Polish and worked their arse off whilst the English guy delegated from the lorry. The stress subsided after they packed in our nearly £40k material items into the 125sq foot space at about 8ft high. The prospect of moving it again shocked me to the core and I vow to stop hoarding, stop buying useless crap and chuck out even more tat I don't need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review