Don't call me ginger rent boy!

Not too much happening lately. The accommodation honeymoon period is over and I'm now worrying about where to live when I move to Brighton. Notice I've used 'I' instead of 'we' as playing with the idea of being a lodger or doing student digs which could be fun or not. Our uni harbour side flat can be rented longer helping the flexibility.

House chain still stagnant and we considered being unfaithful to the Brighton house we love. Saw two places on Saturday and although they were cheap flirts they didn't match our high demands. We also saw a place for summer rent found on Gumtree but the lady jacked the price up to £1500 a month. Somehow I don't think she thought it through especially saying bills worked out as £300 a month!

TV cold turkey
Starting to deal with 5 channel tv tedium. I've actually found myself switching it off as if the addiction's wearing off. Rediscovered reading (Rant by Chuck Palaniuk) and playing the Gameboy (Pheonix Wright 2) as well as sorting out the car boot stuff. Found a Saturday afternoon special this weekend so a Sunday lie-in guaranteed.

Holiday resolved
NZ holiday was going to be an issue at my new job. Instead of taking a couple of weeks unpaid they've graciously reduced it to two days. Also I've got 5 days holiday to take before the end of June. Decided to take 3 of them for cash and two as actual holiday. A summer day's worth of snowboarding may be in order!

Gingerism
Following on from 'Fc&k off, I'm Ginger!', the BBC3 programme, the BBC news website today published an interesting article on comparing racism with gingerism. Have a look and feel the pain I'm going through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review