Kiwi countdown commences

So I've been doing a million and one things in preparation for the holiday, house move, parent problems (Orange screwing over my dad's email) and obviously my 9 to 5 work to stop me updating the blog. Last weekend was just tidying the flat and packing. Watched Bourne Identity and the follow up which we avoided for some reason (Matt Damon maybe), and was pleasantly surprised how good they are. Maybe we'll see the third one on the plane to NZ.

Kanye West has wound me up for the third time. The first was his tizzy-fit at not winning best video last year and dissing Justice vs. Simian. Secondly, for stealing Harder, Faster etc., though I should blame the French robots in disguise, Daft Punk for allowing it. Is this his warped sense of respect to French house music? But it's only since seeing the Stronger video was I slightly riled after noticing him copying scenes from Akira. Whether Kanye knew what the director was upto or whether he wanted to break the Japanese market with his brand of pop-rap. Further up the hitlist of hate is 50 Cent who's losing the album sales challenge and will hopefully give up his day job.

Whilst trying to find an image of Akira I managed to find a picture of a fridge magnet we bought in Japan (see above). Quoted from site "Tokyo artist Akira Yamaguchi explores the idea from a Japanese perspective with the hallucinogenic history lesson that is his new exhibition, Japan/China and Japan/Russia Fantasy War Drawings."

Next blog entry will be our New Zealand holiday. I'll be taking the laptop and will hopefully find some wireless zones during our travels.

Comments

Steve Wilde said…
Blimey! haven't you gone yet? i assumed you were already there! Just looked at your actual Blog page for a change, instead of from my feedreader... What's huperrealandsupercool then? : )

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review