Caustic caller

After returning from our NZ trip and facing a £120 mobilephone bill it was nice to finally get some payback from Orange. My contract was up for renewal and I could finally replace my ancient Nokia 6680. Eighteen months is a long time in the mobile world and I’m lapping up the new functions that my new Sony Ericsson P990i can do. I think the best bit so far is the Wireless connection so I can use the neighbours (naughty me), my work’s wireless and any café or pub offering it for free. Plus they’ve promised £100 credit for my old phone. Still Orange is still pissing me off having not reconnected us to the broadband.

The other shopping task on Saturday was exchanging my new specs. I love my Danish designer glasses but since summer, the blue plastic bits started to melt near the side of my head/right ear. The only reason for this is my skin/hair/sweat/whatever is toxic causing things to melt. It can’t be anything to do with how I hold a phone as I use my left side so no radioactive thing going on there – that’s how comic book heroes are usually created. If only I could use this ‘super-power’ to my advantage like melting plastic safes and stealing bank money.

Since moving to Brighton, we’re starting to get to know more local events which include the Lewes Bonfire night. Apparently around 80,000 people crammed into the streets last year to see fire possessions, burning effigies and 5 major firework displays in the town’s local area. Guaranteed spectacle and train/traffic misery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review