Rewired and relocated

I can’t believe I’m back at work. The past three weeks have rewired me – sitting in an office is alien, I struggled to remember my work colleagues’ names and I have no idea what I’m supposed to be doing. I putting it down to jetlag, an ear-condition picked up from the skydive, a new house full of unopened boxes to get used to and being totally shattered from moving in.

We didn’t feel too bad after the flight home on Sunday thanks to Kerry upgrading us to premium economy but the depression of the holiday end and moving in really got to me. Even worse was visiting the new house which looked tiny, old and in need of a modern overhaul. The past owners left us a welcome pack warning us of a frog invasion from the pond and all the plants they planted.

Monday was our move in date with help from Chandy, some guy I’d met through Ebay who has his own removals company. It took almost all day to shift our storage stuff and flat contents. I’m not sure if we would have finished by 5pm if I hadn’t of helped due to the amount of stuff and numerous fag breaks they had. Not long after the removal guys left we had one of the neighbours (from two doors down) introduce herself with her daughter. I was slightly unnerved yet impressed by her community spirit saying how she wrote letters to stop the student neighbours from non-stop partying. Still, we got invited to a bonfire night which we’ll meet the rest of the street 'for the greater good'.

I promise to fill you in with the whole holiday experience but this will take a few weeks to do with the amount of photos to sort through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review