No plumber's mate

My current workload both professional and personal has meant very little blogging. The entry below has also caused time away from anything fun.

A few weeks ago the plumber, who caused one of the most stressful moments of my life tried to bill me with work for three times as much as quoted. I was slightly surprised he had the nerve to be honest. This over-the-top bill and the fact he could have killed my tenants, according to Transco was naturally refused with a deftly written letter. The reply came back with an irate response. With the prospect of getting a solicitor involved I was actually glad to hear the opinion from the other, saintly plumber who came in to save the situation. Apparently, he's got such a bad reputation that the majority of Norfolk tradesman and Transco are driven round the U-bend and wish his stop-cock cut off.

Since then I've done a few things. Reported the plumber to the Trading Standards, though they haven't done much, contacted CORGI, who pointed me to their website and not interested in the invoice dispute, only the procedure stuff, and I wrote to the tenants to ask for their permission to request this Transco report. On the phone they were ok with it but after they received the letter they flatly refused to get involved my personal dispute and even said they going to shred the letter. To say I was calm about this was a major understatement having based all my actions on their demands. I've called them so many times to try and talk to them about it but they've ignored me with no response to the messages left. It means I can't get any evidence to say this plumber f*cked up. It also makes me wonder how honest people were at that time of stress.

Wanting to just rid me of this stress, I emailed the plumber to re-offer his invoice minus what cost me to fix his problems, around £200 less. But no, the plumber's having none of it and has since rejected the offer. I'm now having to go to the Citizen's Advice Bureau to get some proper direction and have written another letter to the tenants with all the words like 'negligence' disconnected from 'tenants'. Hopefully they'll see more sense.

I was also going to install a new boiler into the rented house but with all this extra, potential cost I've had to delay it until next month for my next salary. Until the tenants start talking to me again we'll never know when we can arrange the installation.

Watch this space for more legal crap!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review