Peru Day 13: Cusco

Got organised with some tactical pre-packing, breakfast (a very depressed piper getting his notes wrong) then checked out a museum where some skulls were discovered with elongated shapes and some with trepanation (drilled with holes). Like the previous museums in Cusco it was small and with only one or two really interesting artifacts. It only took 15 minutes to see it all. We finally found a decent cafe, Cappuccino which thankfully served decent cappuccinos over looking the main plaza.

Lunch was at Jack's Cafe which served the largest plates I've seen, obviously catering for the American market, which there were at the time, but the young, thin kind. Although the burger ordered tasted good it wasn't such a good idea (or what was eaten for breakfast). More on that later.

We looked at the hotel's dial-up speed internet for an animal rescue/zoo the French-Canadian's recommended. They'd seen rescued pumas, condors and speckled bears. Only a Trip Advisor blog mentioned it but no address details supplied. The hotel's receptionist couldn't be bothered to help me either so I went to the local tourist centre. No luck there either as no one spoke English, and even a helpful tourist in front of me translated my request but still no joy.

When I got back to the hotel room my stomach cramps came back with avengence as well as its brown relative. Since then I have being having an intimate relationship with the toilet and I think Kerry's suspect another woman in my life. Between the cramps and visits to the toilet we've been coping with cable TV and a dodgy working remote control. Can't wait to get out of Cusco!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review