How to take stunning pictures with Suzi Perry

Blink Films, the producer of 'How to take stunning pictures' was located slap bang in the middle of Shoreditch with plenty of Nathan Barley types looking very cool (naturally I felt at home). Got to meet the other photographer, Suzanne who will join me and Martin Parr in Brighton on Monday. Suzanne has a great blog called some things we did and seems to be better at photography than me. Also met another photographer who had done his stint with his assigned expert having been down in Eastbourne. Found out later he does Parkour. One slightly annoying change was that we wouldn't be able to use our own cameras. Instead we'd be loaned some Panasonic Lumix shooters. Product placement perhaps?
After a chat with the researchers a slightly stressed 16 year old work experience girl (who will be doing Latin and 3 other A levels) walked us over to the warehouse-like flat studio where we'd film the very short intro of ourselves in the company of the Queen of Channel 5, Suzi Perry. We were asked to be quiet next door in the grandest, film-set like kitchen, where Suzi's make-up and wardrobe took most of the space. Bit more standing around getting mic-ed up then the director/camera man brought us in. It was a ridiculously short section with Ms. Perry introducing us and asking how excited we were to meet Martin Parr. This took 3 or 4 takes, one of them due to me talking too soon after her question. Oops.
We thought that was the finish until Suzi Perry announced we had to re-shoot as she'd worn the wrong dress! Suddenly, you got the impression of who was really in charge.  I cheekily suggested that she got changed in front of us to save time which she took in good jest. Later I broke the awkward silence and asked whether the Gadget Show were to the Worthing Birdman again. No was the answer and some comment about her being asked to do it in a catsuit. She was quite impressed about the stag day out/Inspector Gadget story I told her though.

I was quite happy with the previous shoot having not fluffed up my response but after another 3 attempts I had the feeling I added a tiny bit more waffle than I wanted. Nerves were kicking in by then as I noticed my knee jigging away.

All was done but my return to work and my annual appraisal was in doubt. It was at this point I had to explain to my boss the day's event and postpone our meeting.
See Day 1 of filming in Brighton with Martin Parr
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Thanks Rob - great to meet you too. Looking forward to next week!

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review