Photo call

If you'd been following my Twitter or Facebook status updates then you'd know about the amazing opportunity I've been given. Thanks to Twitter I found out about a potential Channel 5 TV programme on photography and its researcher was looking for people who love travel and photography and are Brighton-based. With an application and interview later, I received the good news last Friday.
The basic concept is that I'll spend a day in the company of a famous professional photographer around Brighton learning tips and tricks along the way. Then I get two days on my own to snap my best shots with my much improved technique.
According to the TV researcher, the programme is a series of six each dealing with two amateurs in different types of photography. Travel being my show (with another amateur) where others are action, portrait, nature, wedding and maybe another. So, who will be my mentor? Pictured below, Martin Parr's recent work has focused on more closer travels such as traditional, run down seaside resorts and their tourists. However, his portfolio and previous work assignments suggests a lot of similar countries that I've visited i.e. Japan and Peru.
This French blog, Saint Sulpice features some very typical images of English seaside. I love the almost tropical warmth of the pictures of subjects that look quite unglamourous. He also has a strange humour which suits me as well.
Filming starts on the 20th July for three days.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review