One arm, banned it

If anyone regular is reading this expecting something exciting or remotely insightful, you'll be asking for your money back. But as this is a free service - tough! Last night after work I went to the doctor for my arm injury from that karate tournament. Although I was glad to show off my bruise to impress the ladies, the nagging pain was making me wake up from sleep and painful whenever I stretched it. Not sure what the doc's name was but it sounded like Dr Umbongo who grabbed my arm and forced his fingers into my arm muscle. What didn't hurt as much before certainly did after and concluded it was a 'tennis elbow' injury. He recommended no fighting and after asking if I could still do the exercises in Karate he cut over me saying NO FIGHTING. Just spent over a fiver on some Ibu-profen gel which isn't doing much for me. With no karate that night I needed cheering up so Kerry drove me down to Hythe where the chippy is legendary. Shame it was closed so went to Hythe's second best chippy (well, only other chippy I should say).

In the topsy-turvy world of University life, my work load has been reduced to ticking over background noise. Students are on holiday and staff winding down for their break. This has given me some time to research some New York restaurants and things to do. We've booked the helicopter flight with Liberty and their Big Apple tour. I've booked a surprise for Kerry which should last 3 and half hours - lucky her! Spamalot was fully booked for reasonable priced seats so looks like we'll wait until it comes along to the West End. Instead we're seeing something called Avenue Q, a kind of Sesame Street with adult humour and it's coming to London in June. Saw this and thought it might be fun: Accomplice looks like an interactive spy thing where you wonder round NY talking to actors who are pretending to be dodgy. We'll see if we can crowbar that in our 5 days!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review