Cheese dreams

I had one of those dreams last night/this morning. Instead of the trouser-less wandering or rushing around to find something random, I was going to an awards ceremony to be presented a certificate by the Queen. I'd got there with two possible outfits that were totally rubbish. One was a suit made from net curtains, the other a denim affair with canvas white patches. Then it all went rushed with decisions of what queue to stand in. Should I stand in the Nottingham University certificate queue or a Southampton one, then some terrorists scared everyone off and I was being chased on a moving train.

All this has been caused by last few days' events. The University marketing department head-hunted me offering an interview which went quite well. HR cocked up a bit phoning me yesterday of the appointment date & time. What made it even more interesting was one of the panel members was a manager from my department! I had kept this secret for awhile but it goes to show how things work behind the scenes.

With a good feeling about it I returned to the office with word that my own manager was looking for me. I had emailed him about the interview but hadn't heard anything so wondered what mood he was. Last week I had asked for a promotion in my appraisal, now today he's actually offering me a team-leader role (after it's given the all clear through higher managers). Is that the smell of a payrise coming or my over-excited ego pooping itself?

The Zidane headbutting incident has captured the web world's imagination and this one tickled me - Check it!

Anybody want 80's style t-shirts, try here at Truffle-Shuffle!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review