Antique button bashing

Whilst Kerry had her mop chopped in Notting Hill I turned into Mr. Sensible and did my Xmas shopping. By 1pm I had got almost everything I needed.
This gave me plenty of time to mooch around and visit the Game On exhibition at the Science Museum. With a ticket time for 4pm entry I was given 1hr 30 mins to look and play. Highlights for me were rekindling memories of playing, the arcade machine, on the N64 and, a classic Spectrum game I used have as a kid. Lowlights were having my arse whipped on (the guy had obviously been there all day). Loads of games were available to play plus lots of things behind perspex glass to ogle at including a ZX81, the first Pong game, promotion stuff for GTA such as a baseball bat and the game's plot on post-it notes.
Staff were a bit clever checking ticket times and booting out hangers on. I left before my alloted time as my feet had taken quite a punishment all day.
What was weird for me was walking around a museum experiencing antiques within my lifetime. I was even picking out mistakes in the exhibition with incorrect release dates or game names.
Watched Borat with the rest of the hen night widowers. Drove down to the Croydon to mix it up with the wannabe gangsta's. It was one of those retail park/leisure pits with cuisine a small peg better than McDonalds (but only just). I'm sure there was a dress code of gold looking chains but my hoodie made up for it.
The film was just so wrong in places you couldn't help laugh out loud, squirm then laugh or gasp then laugh. Borat pushed the funny borderline into the restricted areas others dared not go.
Saw that Karl Hyde was interviewed on Radio 1's Rob Da Bank show so used their Listen Again option. Not much given away by Karl but indicated more soundtrack stuff which is a little bit worrying. One of his favourite tracks they played was a Finnish act called Koneveljet - Welcome to Finland which did well for me. Another track to listen out for is 'I'm your girlfriend now' by Tall Pony. It's bedroom DIY stuff but works a treat. In fact I experienced my first MySpace live encounter after emailing them direct. I'm now waiting for a 3-track CD through the post from the artist. I see Colin Murry's jumped on the bandwagon early so I bet Jo Whiley will be on it next week.
More music excitement is that Glimmers are coming to Fabric on Friday 22nd December. Just listened to their 20 second snippets of their album tracks. It doesn't sound as good as their DJ Kicks album but there's a few goodies. Jon Carter is also appearing on that date as well as the 'Kill'em all, let God sort it out' residency which involves your electro/punk/dance kind of adventure.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Anonymous said…
"correcting release dates"??? You are oficially "geek of the week". Now if you cen get an RSS feed going you'll be strong running for "geek of the year" ;)

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review