Birthday Blue Man

Facebook has turned into my virtual mantle-piece with lots of mates wishing me a happy birthday - certainly brightened up an ordinary day at work on Friday.

Kerry spoiled me again this year with another well chosen gift selection. The jaw-dropping, jewel-in-the-crown present was the Ferrari race day experience at Thruxton. As well as the F355, I'll be doing laps in a Maxda MX-3 (to get used to the track), Porsche Cayman, a couple of cars driven by an instructor and a go at a single seater Formula Renault - that's nearly 40 miles on probably the longest track in the UK. Not only that but they'll film me from the dashboard just like Top Gear for a take home DVD. The gift pack was the perfect marketing gimmick with the card-opening sound of a Ferrari starting up and driving off - music to my petrol-head ears.

Santa begging
James and Emma turned up a bit later for the weekend and before we headed out to the restaurant we heard some seasonal music outside. We opened the door to an open-topped double-decker with Santa ho, ho, ho-ing whilst avoiding the overhead power cable and the driver trying to get around the double parked cars.

Blue Man Group
Back to the meal and Kerry's other surprise was a Moroccan restaurant, the Blue Man. It was a cosy cellar location sharing with a large office party. The service was good and food very tasty. I think the starter did me as well as the tasty Flag beers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review