Money moan and little luck

I’ve had two punctures in the space of a week. Wasn’t too bothered about the first one but the second one was halfway home in the pouring rain to meet a locksmith for the front door lock which I thought had broken. Turned out that I’d left the spare key in the other side of the door and it took just the locksmith to use a ‘U’ shaped bar to turn the handle open. That was an easy £80 down the drain.

Icesave and Orange are officially my least favourite companies. In order to reclaim my inheritance, for the past two weeks I’ve been trying to get my password reset and after the 5th attempt it was down to Orange blocking my emails, who their Indian call centre won’t admit or understand.

The Plumber issue has finally been sorted – his emails actually got friendlier when I mentioned complaining to the Chartered Institute. I can't say I'm happy with the final amount but glad to get rid of the man.

Socially, we've been keeping it local. We entertained Paul and Sarah with some leftover fireworks from the party and got to grips with the Virtual Vinyl DJing for a laptop set.

Paul and Sarah showed of their Wii Fit, something I’ve been avoiding all year but since a proper snowboard game has come out (Shaun White) looks like our Christmas will be a white one.

Last weekend I DJ’ed Paul and Sarah’s impromptu party with James tagging along. We were all for it as there was nothing club-wise worth attending. Left the house at around 6am with a taxi ride home. The driver's previous pick up was none other than Steve Coogan and Eddie Izzard and he continued to dish out the addresses of other Brighton celebs.

Sunday was a complete wipe-out and the working week has been a little rough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review