Birthday Day 2

Christmas present paranoia set in the next day as I panicked I wouldn't be able to find a decent gift for Kerry before it got too late so braved the rain and went into London. As I came out of Bond Street tube station I was confronted with around 30 Father Christmas's drinking at a local pub. Before I attacked Carnaby Street's new shops with my plastic swipe sword, I found a cafe for a quick bite and coffee. It had to be the best ever cappuccino and toasted panini I've ever had. The shopping wasn't as successful as I liked but I did eventually found something.

After a tasty carbonara (no restaurant can out do Kerry) a birthday cake was presented or was it a giant Nintendo DS. The evening surprise was unfortunately given away in the working week seeing Kerry's Facebook history joining an event called the Parisian Police - Daft Punk Christmas Party at the New Hero. Before we got there we headed over to Kemp Town for a cocktail treat at the Om bar. The doorman requested I took my hat off yet we were confronted with a party of mask wearers obscuring their identity! We teased Om newbies James and Emma daring them to use the toilets much to our enjoyment then headed over to Paul and Sarah's to say hello to sickboy Paul, unwrap some more birthday presents and to takeaway Sarah for a not so famous five club adventure.

Christmas Punk Party
My big mouth nearly got us into trouble swearing at the bouncer though he didn't make himself clear. IDs were requested from everyone for their id with Emma and Sarah forgetting theirs. Then he said he wouldn't let us all in or that's what myself and Sarah heard. Inside, the Interstella 5555 video was playing with a few randoms dancing and nearly considered leaving. However, once the proper music started the place started filling up with a bit more atmosphere.

Got quite chatty with the DJ who runs the Somewhere in the Universe club nights and swapped French house legend stories. He's had an impressive line-up last year with the new wave of French house DJs with Mr Headbanger records himself, Busy P awarding him a Police badge. He mixed in a few classic tunes as well as some new floor-fillers plus used a few Daft Punk videos for some visual candy. His mate, who looked like Mickey Pearce from Only Fools and Horses and Morrisey took over for about 4 (badly chosen remixes) songs but got a few nasty glares from us - New Kids On The Block is a no-no. This only made me more convinced that I could put on a night like this but better.

Credit goes to Sam84 who took the photo and has an excellent Flickr portfolio.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review