Orange and Purple Hills


Banner
Originally uploaded by Ginger DJ.
Spent about an hour researching new tunes for downloads preparing for Paul's birthday party (though with only a third of them played). In the evening we put Kerry's plan of a birthday banner into action whilst watching Sezer get booted. His face was a picture and glad to see the back of that big-headed tw@t. Next on my Big Brother hit list is Grace who seems to console anyone just to get good PR. Other than that, new girl, Aisleyne needs to cover her arse or at least buy some bigger buttocks if she's going to wear a piece of shoe-lace to cover that boney bum of hers.

Anyway, we finished the banner Saturday afternoon (pic above) after renewing our supplies of purple felt-tips in time to go into town on the bikes. Went into Orange hoping to sort out the free broadband and lovely new phone to satisfy my green-envy of Kerry's new Nokia N80. I was prepared to pay a little money but Orange don't offer any trade-in if you take the free broadband, plus keeping my existing number gets less benefits as well. It's all a bit wrong for existing customers especially as I've been with Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange for 8 years. If I wanted to buy the N80 on my existing contract it would cost £250! Left the shop with a moody grey cloud over my head and list of second and third rate phones which are a year or so old including the one I've already got.Arrived at Paul's party with birthday banner and Final Scratch for laptop tunes. Glad to see a few different faces there to keep the atmosphere fresh. Kev and Karol should be honoured for their party hosting skills and Lucy for making it just that extra special. We didn't play D12's 'Purple Hills' but it was on many people's mind. Kev managed to muster a small crowd for grooving but I managed to clear the room trying to educate them with some new stuff. Throughout my set tactics changed trying to entice them with Underworld and the odd classic then sneaking in my new downloads but it seemed everyone just wanted to chat and talk crap. Paul turned on the house charm until The Cheesey Spinner captained the soundwaves with gaydar on full alert. We left about 4am when 10 minutes later Steve reported Abba had been played and the decision to go then was rewarded.

Crap sleep meant a wasted day on the sofa even though the weather was offering BBQ delight. Only a walk to shops was my only public appearance. Screen-Select also do games so almost all day was spent nearly completing Shadow of the Colossus. Great game to rent and glad I didn't buy as after about 8 hours I've done 70% of it.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to insert a Twitter embedded post into Blogger

The Mighty Boosh new live show review